Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Is There Such A Thing As Over Tweeting?


So I've had a twitter account for about a year now but never understood the potential marketing power that it had behind it until really recently - lets say the last 2 months.  I guess I just saw it as a way to connect with long lost friends rather than utilizing it as a marketing tool.  Now, for the first ten months or so, I was tweeting about the most random things from my work at Sharkzoo to being super bored in graduate classes and couldn't figure out why I only had ten followers.  Sad, I know but why was this?  Well, it could be because I'm not super famous like Justin Bieber, but I have a feeling it was because I had no clue who my target audience was.  I was tweeting about the most random things and its no wonder nobody was following me.

So the past few months, I've really tried to figure out who my target audience was and then it came to me.  Since I'm a young marketing professional I decided to tweet about interesting marketing techniques and post interesting articles about social media, blogging, email campaigns and other forms of online marketing in hopes to reach other marketing professionals.  This began to give me a more recognizable voice as apposed to having no voice at all.  David Meerman Scott even started following me on twitter and posted on my first blog article.

Anyways, what I really want to know is if theres such thing as over tweeting?  I ask this because this morning when I logged into my Twitter account I noticed one of the businesses I was following (I'll keep them anonymous) had posted 27 tweets in a row and I think I stopped reading after 5 of them.  If anybody has an answer to this question, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks,

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment