Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hello Blogging World

Before I explain what this blog is all about I have to give a huge thanks to David Meerman Scott and his book titled:  The New Rules of Marketing & PR.  If it wasn't for reading his book, there is a good possibility I wouldn't have built up the courage to start this blog.  Well, who am I kidding?  If I hadn't read his book, I wouldn't be writing this right now.  So again, thank you for sharing your knowledge, it is greatly appreciated.

So where do I start?  I'm sure all of you are wondering why I chose the title:  Chicago 2 South Beach.  Well, I was born and raised in the Chicago suburbs.  Went to college in Chicago, got a degree in marketing, then began to pursue my masters there as well.  Up until now my life consisted of well... Chicago.  And to be completely honest, I just got bored of the same old things that the windy city offered:  awful traffic, crowded subways, rude people, oh - and did I mention being a Cubs fan is the most frustrating thing in the world?  Due to all that, I left in pursuit of something new, something completely different.  And where did that bring me?  You guessed it - sunny South Florida.  Its absolutely beautiful here and am very excited to take on this new adventure.  The only problem is, in this tough economy I'm having trouble finding a good job.  Therefore, this blog is basically a documentary about the struggles of a young marketing professional and to lighten things up, I'll probably throw in some fun stories about my adventures on South Beach for some laughs.

So who is this blog for?  Well first off, its for my learning purposes to try and understand online marketing a little better as well as for those struggling in these hard times.  On top of that, I'd like to try and target as many marketing professionals as possible in hopes of getting feedback or advice, while striking some interesting conversation and debate through my posts.

Having said all that, its a beautiful Saturday.  South Beach here I come.

Sincerely,

BH



       

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear some good stories. I like the intro. I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate the support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brandon.
    Good luck on your blog. I have one too-totally different than this but I have had great success so far. I hope all is well. I will be your next follower.
    Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bonnie!
    I just checked your blog out and am following it as well. Its literally been forever and good to see you're doing well. Keep in touch and tell the family I say hi!

    ReplyDelete